Senior Staff Accountant I- Financial Reporting
Company: Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Carrols Corporation, an established, publicly traded company
based in Syracuse NY and the largest restaurant franchise in North
America, has an exceptional and challenging opportunity in their
Treasury Department for a Senior Staff Accountant I -Financial
This position is primarily focused on preparing internal and
external financial reports and related analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the compilation and preparation of consolidated
financial statements and related footnote disclosures to support
the Company's quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Assist with the extensible business reporting language (XBRL)
process for our 10-Q/10-K filings.
- Prepare financial statement analyses and supporting schedules,
including tie-out support and GAAP and other disclosure checklists,
for financial statements and disclosures.
- Assist in the preparation of debt compliance calculations and
required reporting under the Company's debt obligations.
- Assist with the external audit and quarterly review process by
preparing schedules, providing support and answering
- Assists in preparation and review of the monthly financial
reporting packages and quarterly board presentations.
- Assist with month end closing activities and account analysis
including stock compensation accounting and impairment.
- Prepare technical accounting memos including for the goodwill,
intangible asset and asset impairment interim and annual analysis,
segment reporting, and others as needed.
- Assists management with technical accounting research including
performing research, presenting and documenting
- Assist with the valuation and purchase accounting for
- Participate in other special projects within the Finance
department as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 1-3 years financial reporting experience required.
- CPA candidate preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft a plus.
- Must have the ability to express ideas persuasively and
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to reach logical conclusions based on
evidence at hand.
- Must have the ability to create, be creative and develop ideas
- Must be able to establish an appropriate course of action to
accomplish a specific goal.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and
other related software.
- Advanced Excel skills required including working with Pivot
Tables and charting.
Keywords: Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc., Syracuse , Senior Staff Accountant I- Financial Reporting, Accounting, Auditing , Syracuse, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!